Re: [gtk-list] Re: pbms on freebsd w/ threads

As the well known Sebastian Wilhelmi said...
->Hi, Emmanuel
->
->> [snip]
->
->I attach a patch, that should solve your problems. Please tell me the
->necessary MACROS to test for (e.g. #ifdef FREEBSD... or even NETBSD?) to
->enable that fix, beacuse we do not want to have it on platforms other than
->those necessary. A general solution a la g_getc is IMHO not needed, as the
->getc thing only poses problems to libraries for both MT and non-MT (currently
->not so many, it seems) and as such should be taken care of by the libraries
->themselfs.
	You should read http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel/toc.html
	(select the gtk related issues) about these MT/non-MT problems.

	Thanks for your patch, but what do you think about using
	the fgetc() function (is is the same as getc(), but it is
	both a libc and libc_r function).

	I'm currently working on other problems with gtk 1.2.2 on
	freebsd. If I think they are gtk-related (and not pixelized
	freebsd related), I'll present some work for review in...
	say... one week ?

	Regards,
->
->Bye,
->Sebastian
->--
->Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
->mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå
->http://goethe.ira.uka.de/~wilhelmi   |

 -> [sniiped patch]

   Emmanuel DELOGET [pixel] pixel@{dotcom.fr,epita.fr}  ----  DotCom SA
         http://www.epita.fr/~pixel | http://www.dotcom.fr/~pixel
"On the last day, God created Linux. And Microsoft won its antitrust case"