Help with gtk+ compile message please.

I have resolved all the glib error messages and it tests ok for 1.2.2

But in building gtk+, it compiles as far as the second pass of testgtk
when I start getting hundreds of messages like this:

-- /testgtk.c:241: undefined reference to
`gtk_container_set_border_width'

which is defined in gtkutil.h but is included. Any ideas Please?
Mike
The views expressed in this email are strictly mine and do not represent
any official or unofficial policy of any other legal entity.