Re: [gtk-list] Compile bug in glib 1.2.2

On Tue, 04 May 1999 09:36:08 -0600 (MDT), gtk-list@redhat.com (Kurt Fitzner) wrote:
> May I also suggest that a new mail list be created, or this mail list changed,
> so that non-members can post.  The FAQ for gtk lists this mail list as the
> place to report bugs.  You may find more people report bugs if they don't have
> to subscribe/post/unsubscribe in order to do it.

I think spammers will also like the idea that the mailinglist is open for
non-members. But you are right, of course, it is a bit inconvenient. An
automatic bug tracking system like Debian has works better: the message
needs certain key words before it gets accepted as a bug.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl