x11amp imediately gives gtk-warning, then dies, and no GNOME sound...

I just installed the x11amp-player on my box (from an rpm file) but when I invoke it I get the following unpleasant welcome:

Gtk-WARNING **: /usr/lib/libgdk_imlib.so.1: undefined symbol: __deregister_frame_info
Segmentation fault

Kaboom!

Any ideas?

Oh, another question while I'm on the subject of sound. My sound chip now works after a week of messing around with it. I can "cat sound.au > /dev/audio" ok, but when I start GNOME and enable GNOME sound I don't hear a thing from enlightenment/GNOME. Anything else I need to do?