Re: [gtk-list] min version for GtkItemFactory?

On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, Allin Cottrell wrote:
> I've written a little app that uses the item factory.  It
> compiles fine against gtk 1.2.1, but it failed when I tried on
> another machine with gtk 1.0.6.  I infer that the item factory
> must have come into existence somewhere between those version
> numbers.  Can anyone tell me when?

I think it was early in the 1.1 series, but it is never in 1.0.x and
always in 1.2.x, and people aren't supposed to be using 1.1.x now that 1.2
is out.

(FWIW I wouldn't bother with 1.0, there are too many differences and it
will make your life hard. Just say "1.2 is required"...)

> Also, can anyone point me to a newbies guide to what should be
> put into configure.in to test for a given minimum version of
> gtk?  Thanks very much.

I think AM_PATH_GTK(1.2.0) would do the trick. It will also define the
variables GTK_CFLAGS and GTK_LIBS which you can use in your Makefile.am.

Havoc