Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkToolbar

Gert <gs2@nowmoo.demon.nl>
>I have a toolbar with context sensetive buttons. So I add them all to the
>toolbar and hide the ones that are not relative. I can't hide the spaces,
>so between some buttons, all the spaces between the hidden buttons also
>show up ...

Isn't it meant to be better to make toolbar items insensitive, rather than
adding/removing them?  I'm struggling to remember human factors stuff here,
but I seem to recall that ppl see position first, then colour, then shape, and
get around to reading text last.

If you change the position of something on the screen, you may cause
confusion. I think this is maybe why gtktoolbar is designed for a fairly
static layout. Of course I don't know anything about your app, maybe
add/remove is better.

John
--
John Cupitt, john.cupitt@ng-london.org.uk, +44 (0)171 930 2108
VASARI Lab, The National Gallery, Trafalgar Square, London, WC2N 5DN