Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkToolbar

Owen Taylor wrote:
> Gert <> writes:
> > I have a toolbar with context sensetive buttons. So I add them all to the
> > toolbar and hide the ones that are not relative. I can't hide the spaces,
> > so between some buttons, all the spaces between the hidden buttons also
> > show up ...
> Hmmm, it looks like you've found a hole in the GtkToolbar API -
> there is no way to remove or hide spaces.
> Right now, it looks like the cleanest way would be to destroy
> the toolbar and recreate it.
> There probably should be a gtk_toolbar_remove_item() call.
> (Patches solicited...)
Either that or use something like
	gtk_container_remove (toolbar, space_item)

However, this would require that the gtk_toolbar_insert_space
function would return a sort of "widget" instead of void.
I am not sure how the "space" is currently implemented.
But if a widget is used for that, anyway, it might be easier
to just remove the space "widgets".

Just my two cents,

Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG
Worbstrasse 201		 CH-3073 Guemligen, Switzerland VOICE: +41 31 999 6552, FAX: +41 31 999 6575