Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkToolbar

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Gert <gs2@nowmoo.demon.nl> writes:

[...]
> > I have a toolbar with context sensetive buttons. So I add them all to the
> > toolbar and hide the ones that are not relative. I can't hide the spaces,
> > so between some buttons, all the spaces between the hidden buttons also
> > show up ...
>
> Hmmm, it looks like you've found a hole in the GtkToolbar API -
> there is no way to remove or hide spaces.
>
> Right now, it looks like the cleanest way would be to destroy
> the toolbar and recreate it.
>
> There probably should be a gtk_toolbar_remove_item() call.
> (Patches solicited...)
Either that or use something like
	gtk_container_remove (toolbar, space_item)

However, this would require that the gtk_toolbar_insert_space
function would return a sort of "widget" instead of void.
I am not sure how the "space" is currently implemented.
But if a widget is used for that, anyway, it might be easier
to just remove the space "widgets".

Just my two cents,

Norbert.

--
Norbert Bladt		 Payphone Management System Software Development
ascom Autelca AG