Re: [gtk-list] The2dCour - Help installing GTK+

---Doogie Howser <the2dcour@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have checked the FAQ. and asked around everywhere... I had v1.006
> installed, it didnt work right because I forgot to get glib. Then I
> noticed a 1.200, so I got that and glib and installed them... now I
get
> errors when I compile programs... Here is the procedure in which I
> installed glib/gtk+:
> Glib:
> ./configure
> make ; make install
> ldconfig
> GTK+:
> ./configure
> make ; make install
> ldconfig
>
> I have no clue what is going wrong, I'm new to Linux (Slackware) and
> can't seem to install any GTK software... it all stops at the
> ./configure...
> Here are the errors I get:
> Test programs failed Why:
> It failed to link or compile... most likely because of incorrect
> installation or you moved the files. Configure error: Cannot find
GTK:
> is gtk-config in path?
>
> it also says I may want to edit gtk-config...
> gtk-config is in /usr/local/bin
> Tell me what else you guys need to know about this to help me... I
tried
> deleteing *gtk* *gdk* *gck* etc and gmodule... even all the glib
stuff I
> could find and reinstalling... whats up?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> -Dave
>
> --
/dev/null

	I've got the same problem when I want to
install gtk+ 1.2.0 with the source (gtk+-1.2.0.tar.gz).
What I do, is to download the 'rpm' package and
install rpm package instead of tar.gz. And now it's
work.
It take me about 1/2 days to install all package
needed by gtk+... It's a hard work ... I hope
it'll be easier for you.

	Bye