Re: how can I trust glib when it has so manymemleaks?

On Thu, Mar 18, 1999 at 12:44:01PM +0100, Lars Hallberg wrote:
> the 'xxx memory managed internal by glib' might be missleading as
> glib only manage memory while the program runs. When the the program
> Exits, all memory is taken back by the OS. Glib do not explicity
> free this memmory (probabl) becuse tha OS can do a better job att
> it and the OS must do it anyway (if the OS rely on the program to
> free its memmory it will hardly be stable ;-)

AmigaOS relies on programs to free all their memory.  It works.  It
does not support sloppy programming, but that's nothing people were sad
about:-)

Oh, btw, the kernel works the same way.  Everything some kernel code
allocates it has to free again when it's not needed anymore.

--
    Andreas E. Bombe <andreas.bombe@munich.netsurf.de>
    http://home.pages.de/~andreas.bombe/