Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: (resend) recent changes with GTK_OBJECT _CONSTRUCTED ??

Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
> well, gtk objects should be constructed as soon as possible, so you
> best call gtk_object_default_construct() at the end of the c++
> constructor, or you just use gtk_object_new() in the beginning. the
> object argument system should be comprehensive enough (by now) to
> cover all neccessary construction arguments required by the
> different widgets, so there is actually no real need to use
> gtk_type_new().

hmm... ok. We have used gtk_type_new() because it let us change the type
of the object to construct. We're deriving from existing widgets and
the created object shouldnt be GtkButton, but it should be gtk--'s
internal thing derived from GtkButton. (== its own virtual function table.)

Guess we should use gtk_object_new() instead... (hmm, there seems to be 119
calls to gtk_type_new() in gtk-- :-)

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --