Re: [gtk-list] Re: configure problems

scherfa wrote:

> ---Reply to mail from Marsel Osipov about [gtk-list] configure problems
>
> > Hello all
> >
> > I writing a configure.in script, and I use AM_PATH_GLIB(1.2.0, ,
> > AC_MSG_ERROR(bla bal)) and
> > AM_PATH_GTK(1.2.0, , AC_MSG_ERROR(bla bla)) and when I run the configure
> > script, I get the following error when trying to find the glib and gtk
> >
> > checking for GLIB - version >= 1.2.0... no
> > *** Could not run GLIB test program, checking why...
> > *** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
> > for the
> > *** exact error that occured. This usually means GLIB was incorrectly
> > installed
> > *** or that you have moved GLIB since it was installed. In the latter
> > case, you
> > *** may want to edit the glib-config script: /usr/local/bin/glib-config
> >
> > I don't know what I am doing wrong, because I have installed glib-1.2.0
> > and gtk+-1.2.0 with no problems, and when I compile gtk---1.0.0 it also
> > had no problem finding those packages.
> >
> > gtk-config --version and glib-config --version both show 1.2.0
> >
> > I know that this question most likely has nothing to do with glib or
> > gtk, but because I use the glib.m4 and gtk.m4 I thought that this would
> > be the right place to ask.
> >
> > Can anyone point out what am I doing wrong?
> >
> > Thank you
> > Marsel
> >
> Is your LD_LIBRARY_PATH env set correctly ??

Yes

> look with env and reply if you had success.

It appeared that the error was because of the AC_LANG_CPLUSPLUS macro.  if I
do the GTK, GLIB checks after that macro the errors are reported, so all I had
to do was to do the checks before AC_LANG_CPLUSPLUS.

Do you by any chance know where I can get AM macros?(like compiler
characteristics, etc..?)

Thank you for your reply.
Marsel