Re: [gtk-list] Re: Gtk--: (resend) recent changes with GTK_OBJECT _CONSTRUCTED ??

timj wrote:
> since calling gtk_object_default_construct() is mandatory after
> gtk_type_new().  (for objects that don't require default
> construction, the call is actually pretty cheap).

hmmm, gtk_object_default_construct() is mandatory? Does it matter
where you call it? Should one call it immediately after gtk_type_new()?

What happens if you accidentally call it twice? :) (placing call to it to
Gtk_Object's constructor will sometimes call it for already constructed
object => doesnt sound too nice --> maybe we must place call to it near
each gtk_type_new() - and thus it needs changes to every gtk-- widget...)

--
-- Tero Pulkkinen -- terop@modeemi.cs.tut.fi --