Adding new widgets to themes ...

Hi all,

I am currently writing a GtkMessageBox widget, which displays a pixmap
in the upper left, has some text in the upper right, and a number of
buttons at the bottom. You know the kind: "File has changed, you really
want to continue?" and similars. It works well already: You can have
Yes/No-, Yes/No/Cancel- and other types of MessageBoxes with a single
line of code.

Now I want to make the pixmap themeable. Theme designers should be able
to define an "exclamation mark" type and a "question mark" type image in
the rc files.

Unfortunately, I couldn't for the life of me find documentation on how
to do something like that. Lots of explanation of the gtkrc format or
installing themes, but few on the internals.

Could anybody please help me or point me to some documentation on
extending themes ?

Thanks a lot.
Regards,
CHRIS

Christian Kreibich
Am Gruebel 7b                          " Simpson, eh ? "
D-82205 Gilching                    -- Montgomery Burns --
Tel. (+49) 08105 278065
mailto:kreibich@in.tum.de http://www.informatik.tu-muenchen.de/~kreibich