Re: [gtk-list] Re: CList & Style file question / Style function suggestion

"Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@gnu.org> said :

>  || On Mon, 15 Mar 1999 23:20:12 +1100 (EST)
>  || ggt@netspace.net.au (Glenn Trigg) wrote:
>
>  gt> Hello,
>  >> What I would *really* need is a function that lets me browse for a
>  >> certain style by it's name like
>  >>
>  >> GtkStyle* gtk_style_parse_for_name( gchar* name );
>
>  gt> Did you find out any more info about a function like you were suggesting?
>  gt> I could use such a function too.
>
> Nope. It seems this function doesn't exist, so it'd be a good idea if
> you would support this request on the list, too - I guess one of the
> style gurus could implement it pretty fast.

OK, to be more specific the kind of thing I want to do is:

I am using a CList which needs to have one row highlighted separately
from the selection. This can be done by using a different font,
foreground or background color etc., i.e a different style.

So in the interest of user flexibility I want to be able to define a
style in the gtkrc file that is not associated with any specific
widget, but I would like to be able to load the style and apply it
to the CList row when I need to.

And like Georg says, there isn't a function that will return a GtkStyle
given a style name.

Is there any reason why not?

Glenn