Glib and gtk for cygwin

i can quite easily compile glib and gtk and have testgtk work fine. (i only
have to add a "int __mb_cur_max=1;" line to gdkim.c -don't ask me why, it's not
a fix, just a poor man's work around. I'll tell the cygwin guy about that). My
problem is that it doesn't build shared library at all, despite configure
detects it can do them...
I know cygwin share library goes a little far from just generating a raw .so
file, but is anyone digging in that direction, or does any of you ever tried to
fix this ?
I think there is really a few things to do to make it supports gmodule stuff
and build shared library for gtk/gdk also... Without that, i know there's no
theme feature possible and i'm sure i'm not the only one to be sorry about
it...
Thanx for any attention,

Seb C.