Re: [gtk-list] gtk threading

Hi, Rohit

> hello ,
>
>     i am making an appilication, concerning network management, and it
>     is going to use threads heavily.
>
>     Till now my programs do not behave the way i want, when i use
>     threads in them....

You have to call g_thread_init (NULL); before any thread activity. Before
you call a gtk function in any thread you have to call
GDK_THREADS_ENTER(); and after the last call to a gtk function you have to
call GDK_THREADS_LEAVE();. If all that isn't working, post an example
application, that is not doing what you want. This app should however be
as samll as possible to make it easier for us to help you (nd thus more
probable for you to get help.) (See also docs/Changes-1.2.txt in your gtk
distribution.)

Bye,
Sebastian
--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå