Re: [gtk-list] Partial transparency in GDK?

In message <Pine.LNX.4.04.9903151845190.24041-100000@bratsche.dyn.islenet.org>y
ou write:

>Can anyone give me some tips on how to display GdkPixmap images and stuff
>that have partial transparency in them (loaded from png files and such),
>so that the colors are properly blended with background colors and such?

I'm not sure what you mean by "partial transparency". If a pixmap has
a value for a given pixel, then a draw operation on the window will
result in the relevant on-screen pixel being set to the referenced
entry from the GC's colormap. X doesn't have a concept of "blend the
pixel values of a parent/child" in its notion of a graphics context.

If you want to change the color of the pixmap's pixels in certain
areas, I think you'll need a more complex operation than the stuff
that g[dt]k_widget_* provides, but I may be wrong.

--p