Mac/Amiga menubar choice in GTK

I think a very cool feature in GTK would be too have the option of having one
menu at the top of the screen who shows the menu items for the currently active
app.. like on the AmigaOS or MacOS. I'm not just saying this because that option
is now available in KDE, but I I've actually wanted it before..

Any thoughts? Anyone agree on this? I think it's smart because it saves a 'lot'
of space on the desktop.. Well a little anyway.. It shouldn't be that hard to
implent? There are dettacheble menus now in gnome apps...

Oscar Campbell