Re: [gtk-list] Problems with configure of GLib on Irix6.3

On Mon, 08 Mar 1999 10:11:03 -0600, gtk-list@redhat.com (Jose Luis Aragon) wrote:
> I'm trying to compile glib-1.2.0 on my O2 (Irix 6.3) using native cc and
> gmake (3.76.1). I have some problems with configure:

> checking for float.h... no
> checking for limits.h... no
> checking for pwd.h... no
> checking for sys/param.h... no
> checking for sys/poll.h... no
> checking for sys/select.h... no
> checking for sys/time.h... no
> checking for sys/times.h... no
> checking for unistd.h... no
> checking for values.h... no
> checking for lstat... yes
> checking for strerror... yes
> checking for strsignal... no
> checking for memmove... yes
> checking for vsnprintf... no
> checking for strcasecmp... yes
> checking for strncasecmp... yes
> checking for poll... yes
> checking for sys_errlist... yes
> checking for sys_siglist... yes
> checking for sys_siglist declaration... no
> checking for fd_set... yes, found in sys/types.h
> checking for wchar.h... no
> checking for wctype.h... no
> checking for iswalnum... yes
> checking if iswalnum() and friends are properly defined... yes
> checking for an implementation of va_copy()... no
> checking for an implementation of __va_copy()... no
> checking whether va_lists can be copied by value... yes
> checking for dlopen... yes
> checking for dlsym... yes
> checking for preceeding underscore in symbols... no
> checking for dlerror... yes
> checking for pthread.h... no
> checking for PRP_NewNakedCondVar in -lnspr21... no
> checking for thread implementation... none available
> configure: warning: You do not have any known thread system on your
>                 computer. glib will not be thread safe on your computer.
> checking necessary linker options...
> configure: warning: the 'g_get_(user_name|real_name|home_dir|tmp_dir)'
>                 functions will not be MT-safe during their first call
> because
>                 there is no working 'getpwuid_r' on your system.
> configure: warning: the 'g_date_set_time' function will not be MT-safe
>                 because there is no 'localtime_r' on your system.
> checking system definitions for POLLIN POLLOUT POLLPRI POLLERR POLLHUP
> POLLNVAL... done

Strange, just checked with my O2: no problems. My system is patched with
the December '98 patch set and I use the SGI MipsPRO 7.1 C compiler. Looks
to me like your system is not correctly installed, or you're mixing up o32
and n32 binaries. Try:

  setenv CC "cc -n32"
  ./configure --with-threads=posix mips-sgi-irix6.3

Or:

  setenv CC cc
  setenv SGI_ABI -n32
  ./configure --with-threads=posix mips-sgi-irix6.3

What happens if you try to compile with a sufficiently new gcc (= gcc 2.8.1 or a
recebnt egcs)?

> Most of the headers (floats.h limits.h sys/param.h pthread.h, etc) are
> are correctly located at /usr/include.

Yes, but are the header files that are included by them, too? If one of
them is missing, the configure check may fail.

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl