Re: [gtk-list] Re: More about types...

Havoc Pennington wrote:

> To printf it, come to think of it, just do this:
>
> size_t s;
> printf("%d", (int)s);
>
> If you are overflowing int in your size_t you're doing evil things anyway.

In case size_t was 64 bit, but the current value fits in 32 bits,
that would work on Alpha, but not on SPARC. Back to #ifdefs...
And I'm not overflowing ints in size_t, off_t or some such. Sometimes
I just want to print the size of a file. I know it's excentric and
nobody normal prints that, but I can't help it.

Besides, is there a more or less standard way to tell configure that I
want a program to be built in 64 bit environment? It's easy to add
--lp64 option to gtk-config, but it won't do much good, unless configure
scripts start to use it.

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.