Re: Patch for compiling glib-1.3 on Digital UNIX 4.0d (fwd)

Hi, Sascha

> I've just fetched a fresh copy of glib 1.3 from CVS (February 19, 1999)
> and ran into a few problems when compiling on my machine. Please find
> below some information about this, together with a patch. I don't think,
> however, that this patch is the right solution. Please tell me what you
> think about this -- is it a problem with glib, one with egcs or one with
> the Digital headers?

I'm not really sure, that this is the right way. (but it might very well
be)

My Questions:

1. Does it work with gcc? It might be a mistake of egcs alltogether, I
   would expect a simple program

      #include <pthread.h>
      main(){}

   to work, which it doesn't, if I got that right.

2. Is there really no macro to switch on thread safety? Such a macro would
   certainly be found in /usr/include/errno.h, because errno is a macro
   expanding to a funtion-call for MT-safe compilation. (It's not, that I
   don't trust you, it's just to make 100% sure)

3. Can you provide any information on how this workes on other versions of
   dec-osf?

--
Sebastian Wilhelmi                   |            här ovanför alla molnen
mailto:wilhelmi@ira.uka.de           |      är himmlen så förunerligt blå