closing windows

I have a problem I have a main window and  a another window that pops-up
( call it wondow2) on top when the user clicks a button. In window2 I
have  a ok button and a cancel button . To kill the window when cnacle
is clicked I do a

gtk_signal_connect_object (GTK_OBJECT (button2),
"clicked",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC (gtk_widget_destroy),GTK_OBJECT (window));

and it works but for the ok button on the click event I call up a
function to check if all the info entered is ok but I wnt to kill the
window and the same fucniton how can I do that????????????