Re: [gtk-list] Errors in GTK Tutorial?

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Peter Wilson wrote:

>        Have I completely misunderstood GTK+'s signals & events or is the
> tutorial simply bugridden?

The tutorial isn't *wrong*, it just doesn't give you any idea how complex
the signal/event thing is in reality. Sort of glosses over the details.

Due to an amazing coincidence, I've just put up sample chapters from my
GTK/Gnome book that talk about this topic. :-) Check out:

 http://pobox.com/~hp/gnome-app-devel.html

Hopefully they will be helpful. The first sample chapter (9) is on
the object system and signals in general, the second (10) is on Gdk
but talks about the relationship between signals and events.

Havoc