gtk_set_locale() on dec-alpha-osf1-v4.0 with X.V11R6

Hi,

    I'm using gtk-+1.2.3 on dec-alpha-osf1-v4.0 with X.V11R6. I'm also
using gimp-1.0.4. In gimp main.c there's a gtk_set_locale(), I found if I
keep this function call, all the labels, labels on buttons, on menu items,
etc. can only display the first character. eg. the Cancel button only has
C on it, the File menu only displays F. If I remove gtk_set_locale(), this
symptom is gone. I also tried to put gtk_set_locale() into helloworld
example, same symptom.

    I'm not a gtk programmer at all. I guess there must be something
wrong, either usage or implementation, for gtk_set_locale(). I hope I
report the sympton to the right place.

    Haibing Ma

"Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is
not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily
angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but
rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes,
always perseveres. Love never fails."

Electrical and Computer Engineering Department
Campus Box 425
University of Colorado
Boulder, CO 80309-0425
e-mail:mah@Colorado.EDU