Re: [gtk-list] Re: GtkText widget

On 13 Jun 1999, Owen Taylor wrote:

> Gert <gs2@nowmoo.demon.nl> writes:
> Basically, the code base for the current Text widget is
> not maintainable and there are no plans for future work
> on it. There will a new Text widget in GTK+ 1.4, though
> it hasn't been decided yet if it will be completley
> from scratch or will use code from elsewhere.
>
> If we have a decent framework, adding more features should
> be easy. Currently, adding more features is only
> going to reduce stability.
>
> [ I'm not sure about the blinking text though, there are
>   limits... ;-) ]
mmm, maby I can implement that client side ...

Ok, I'll wait for 1.1.4 then ...

> Regards,
>                                         Owen

  Gert

   ~     Gert, Gs2, The Blue Mage - whatever you prefer
  'v'    E-Mail   : Gs2@dds.nl
 // \\   Computer : nowmoo.demon.nl
/(   )\  Project  : gMOO, a MOO (and MUD) client for the unises
 ^`~'^   HomePage : http://www.nowmoo.demon.nl