Problem with setting button as default button

Hi,
I am trying  to set a Gtkbutton to be default button, and running into the following widget size issue

button = gtk_button_new_with_label ("Button");
/*gtk_widget_set_usize(button, 70, 22); */
GTK_WIDGET_SET_FLAGS(button, GTK_CAN_DEFAULT);
 gtk_widget_grab_default(button);
gtk_widget_show (button);

If I uncomment the setting of size above, the button is small. How do I take into account the size by which the default button grows when setting the button size?

Thanks
vg

V G Prasad
Email:vprasad@applix.com