Re: [gtk-list] Re: how do you specify trough colors in gtkrc?

Thus spoke Decklin Foster
> While the way to do it in source code has already been posted, the
> gtkrc way (since this seems to be what you're looking for) is
> "bg[ACTIVE] = { red, green, blue }" in an appropriate style { ... }.
> Even if you don't want to actually *use* engines, I reccomend
> downloading Notif and Redmond95 just to read the included gtk RCs.

Yes, I'd done that already.  The problem was two fold: the ordering of
statements in the rc file are important and I didn't have the right state
(ACTIVE).  Ordering is not really unlike the loose and tight bindings for
Motif/Xt application defaults.  Once I got these down, the troughs have been
properly themed.

> Note that to only affect scrollbars and not pressed buttons, notebook
> tabs, etc, you can make another style (it can just be one line,
> everything else will be inherited from other applicable styles) and
> add it only to the GtkRange class. HTH.

Yes.  I've got a fully themed Gtk version of my latest XNotesPlus now.  I
just wanted to try to create one that didn't require loading any extra
packages (ie the gtk-engines package) since not all end users have that or
need/want to install it.

I wasn't sure I'd like a themed version (it is, after all, just a sticky notes
program - it's not the Gimp).  But it came out quite good.  In fact, it
looks much better than my Motif version now, since I can't quite figure out
how to make proper shaped pixmaps in Motif yet.  I can set the transparent
pixels to a single color, but can't figure out how to make them show
underlying pixmaps like I can with Gtk.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           | Tell me what you need, and I'll tell you how to