Re: [gtk-list] Copying files and directories

On Tue, 1 Jun 1999 J8861077@pfc.eupvg.upc.es wrote:

> Are there any functions that can copy files and directories in GLib
> or any of the other utility libraries that ?
>
> I could not find any Linux system call that does the work !

You have to open file 1, create file 2, and copy the bytes from file 1
to file 2. To copy directories you have to traverse the directory tree and
do this for each file.

This is really a Unix programming question, so you should ask on a Unix
newsgroup or a comp.os.linux group. Or get a book:

Advanced Programming in the Unix Environment, Stevens
Linux Application Development, Johnson and Troan
Beginning Linux Programming, I forget the author

HTH,
Havoc