RE: [gtk-list] GTK/GLIB Installation.

Hi Dustin,

Try this,

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and edit /etc/ld.so.conf
add in a line /usr/local/lib
then run ldconfig

Try install GTK again. Hope it's works!

If it works make sure you have the correct PATH for program compilation.
You can run printenv to check your PATH. For me I edit /etc/profile to set my PATH.
In /etc/profile, I add in

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

and edit the line ( PATH = '/usr/local/bin:$PATH.....' )

Logout and login again and run printenv to check your PATH.

Hope that it may help you!

( Anyone please do correct me if I'm wrong ... because I still a newbie. )