Re: Call to g_print() causes Seg Fault

Allan Black wrote:

> > What next?
>
> It's definately not your program to blame. I can compile and run it:
>
> gershwin [blacka] gcc `gtk-config --cflags --libs` c.c
> gershwin [blacka] ./a.out
> Hello World
> ^C
>
> I get an empty 200x200 window.
>
> MUST be something to do with the libs on your system.
>
> Does this work:
>
>         /* example-start base base.c */
>
>         int main( int argc, char *argv[] )
>         {
>           g_print ("Hello World\n");
>           return (0);
>         }
>
>         /* example ends here */
>
> ???
>
> Allan
>
> --

This seg faults as well - I don't even get the 200x200 window.  I've never
seen the a.out output filename before, but then again, I've always specified
the output file name :-)

This is, indeed, a weird one!

My brother has recently installed Debian (thank God) so I'll put the latest
GTK libs on that and compile it there and see if it works... Don't expect an
update for a day or so.

Thanks for your help, guys!