- From: Brad Pepers <brad linuxcanada com>
- To: gtk-list redhat com
- Subject: Gtk+ questions
- Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 02:50:47 -0600
I'm using gtk+ 1.2.3 for a project and have some questions. If
they are covered in a FAQ somewhere, please direct me to it!
1. I want to be able to do data validation before I allow the
focus to be removed from a widget. I'm trying to figure out
with the gtk_signal_connect how to do this. I want to trap
both when you leave the widget via the normal TAB focus
traversal and also other methods like a mouse click in
another field, Shift-TAB, ... Does someone have some code
for doing something like this to point me in the right
direction? If the data input is invalid, I want to stop
the focus from leaving and set the widget to a color to show
that there is an error.
2. Are there any plans to add data validation to the entry widget?
3. Can you tell the difference in code between when you lose
focus from something within your app vrs losing focus when
the user clicks in a different window?
Linux Canada Inc. Home of Linux products in Canada!
http://www.linuxcanada.com Proud supporter of Cyclades, Red
email@example.com Hat, and Caldera.
] [Thread Prev