Re: [gtk-list] Re: Reparenting bug

On Thu, 22 Jul 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Anyway, I think the problem is that GtkSpinButton has two subwindows that
> are direct children of its parent's windows, so gtk_widget_reparent()'s
> attempt to reparent widget->window and save an unrealize leaves the
> subwindow containing the little arrows behind. Using
> container_remove()/container_add() will be a nice workaround, but this is
> really a Gtk bug, I think. At least, I"m guessing that that's the problem.

Hmmm, container_remove doesn't by any chance destroy the widget as well?
Doing a remove/add as suggested results in the remove succeeding, but the
add failing complaining that the child widget is not a widget anymore.

Any ideas?

Anyway, as far as the reparenting goes, doing a reparent once works (out
of original window), reparent back fails (back to original), and reparent
again (out out original) works again. So it is the 'moving back to
original window' op that fails.

Cheers

Conrad

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2964 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |