Re: [gtk-list] Re: selecting an item in a tree widget (fwd)

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Michael Vance wrote:

> On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Alexandru Harsanyi wrote:
>
> > I also want to stress out that selecting items by clicking them with the
> > mouse works fine. Just selecting an item from inside the application does
> > not work.
>
> It's core dumping because GtkTree->root_tree is not being set (ie, it is NULL).
> The GtkTree sources don't first check if this value is non-NULL before
> dereferencing it.
>
> Add a call to gtk_widget_map( tree ) before you select it, and all is well.

Hmm, and why is GtkTree->root_tree NULL? Remember, I tried selecting it
after the whole tree was constructed (and failed too), by that time
GtkTree->root_tree shold not have been NULL. Or I am missing something?

BTW, with gtk_widget_map(tree) it works fine, thanx :), but what does it
do?

Best regards,
alex.