Re: glib-1.2.3 location

"Garcia, Paul" <paul.garcia@experian.com> writes:

> Please forgive if this is way off track...
>
> rookie Linux user trying to install Gimp.  has to install gtk first.  then
> has to install glib-1.2.3 before gtk-1.2.3 can complete the install.
>
> during the make install for gtk i come across an error such as:
>
> 'link:  '../../glib-1.2.3/gmodule.la' is not a valid libtool archive.'
>

> could someone please give me an idea where i might start looking for a
> solution to this?  i am quite new to all this and am unsure of what '../../'
> actually represents.
>
> any info would definately be appreciated.

Compiling GTK+ with the --with-glib=$(DIR) option is
basically not supported.

The problem here is that the directory is not quite right.
It needs to be

 ../../glib-1.2.3/gmodule/gmodule.la

I'll fix this, but for now, the best thing to do is
to install GLib before trying to compile GTK+.

Regards,
                                        Owen