Re: Y2K

Andrew Wallace <andreww@pcs.co.uk> writes:

> Hi
>
> Anyone got any ideas where to get information on Y2K issues and gtk?

We make no guarantees about the correctness of GTK+
with regard to Y2K (or in any other respect).

However, there are very few areas of GTK+ that deal
with dates explicitely:

 GDate (in GLib)
 GtkCalender

Both of these were written quite recently and should
not have y2k problems. GDate has been tested to be
correct over a very large range of dates.

All other places in GTK+ that deal with dates/times use
the standard Unix time formats which see nothing
special about 2000.

So, otherwise, we expect that there are no problems,
but make no guarantees.

Regards,
                                        Owen