Re: [gtk-list] Re: Underline menu Characters

Anders Melchiorsen wrote:

> Damon Chaplin <damon@karuna.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>
> > >         In this case the underline DOES not work any ideas on what
> > >         I can do beside using MenuFactory ?
> >
> > I've added support for this to Glade today, so it will be in Glade 0.5.1
> > which will be available at the weekend.
>
> Do you have any idea about when Glade will support underlined
> accelerators for ordinary buttons/labels?

I can support displaying the underlined character quite easily.
The more difficult thing is providing a nice way to setup the accelerator
key.

I think there are two common actions of underlined accelerator keys -

 o Activate a button (if the label is inside a button).
 o Set focus to a nearby widget (almost always to the right of the label).

   are there any others?

I could handle the normal situations automatically, but I haven't decided
the best way to let the user specify what to do in the unusual ones.

Damon