Re: [gtk-list] Re: Use of optionmenu's

On Fri, 2 Jul 1999, Ray Clouse wrote:
> On a related note, I have an option menu in a dynamic window (can pop up any
> number of these windows).  How can I tell which window's menu was selected?  If
> I have to do the global variable thing as illustrated below, I'll implement
> something else.

How do you tell which window any widget is in? Nothing specific to option
menu there. You could use the GtkWindow*, or some piece of data associated
with the window, or whatever makes sense for your program. Most likely
each window is associated with some data structure in your program; store
a pointer to that data structure on the window with gtk_object_set_data().
But that's only one possible solution.

Havoc