Re: Qt succeeds where gtk fails... (callbacks)

On 2 Jul 1999 10:07:02 -0400, Eric Livingston <elivings@clark.net> wrote:
>GTK seems to develop amnesia on me and "forget" that programs such as
>gpppkill and gstripchart have one-second timeout callback functions that
>they use to update their displays. They both start fine, but after several
>seconds, they stop updating. Inserting some printfs here and there has led
>me to realize that after a short time, gtk simply stops calling the
>functions, even if the timeout functions consistenly return non-zero
>values (thus, they should not be unregistered).

I would double-check the value being returned from those functions, and
then if that turned up nothing, try breaking in g_timeout_dispatch and
seeing what is going on from that point on.

>I'm beginning to think very strongly that there is a fundamental flaw in
>how gtk is handling its callbacks...

It works fine for everyone else...
-- Elliot
You're not being rude. I'm just a moron.