Re: [gtk-list] 1.1.14 and a lot of core dumps

Alberto Manuel Brandao Simoes <mc23801@ci.uminho.pt> writes:

> 	I'm programming NumExp with GTK+, and I have a BIG PROBLEM!
> Since I've changed to 1.1.14, my program does core dumps, and more
> core dumps.
>
> 	here is an extract from gdb:

> 0x4026694f in chunk_free (ar_ptr=0x402bb420, p=0x809e298) at malloc.c:2959
> malloc.c:2959: No such file or directory.
> (gdb) up
> #1  0x402667c1 in __libc_free (mem=0x809e2a0) at malloc.c:2872
> malloc.c:2872: No such file or directory.
> (gdb) up
> #2  0x4015a99d in g_free (mem=0x809e2a0) at gmem.c:394
> gmem.c:394: No such file or directory.
> (gdb) up
> #3  0x4006ab8e in gtk_entry_finalize (object=0x80a3e08) at gtkentry.c:526
> gtkentry.c:526: No such file or directory.
>
> 	I think the problem is from GTK+! Can anybody give me a hand??

Without knowing what you are doing, no. Please see the
section on "Reporting Bugs" in the README file.

                                        Owen

(A wild guess might be that you are calling free() on the
results of gtk_entry_get_text(). That function just returns
a pointer to the internal data and doesn't make a copy -
and never has)