Re: [gtk-list] GTK ./configure problem

> From: "Spooge" <spooge@hitter.net>
>
> I have recently downloaded GTK 1.0.6 and uncompressed it and read all the
> documentation.  Upon running './configure' I get an error message :
>
> "configure:2014:  X11/Intrinsic.h: No such file or directory
> configure: failed program was:
> #line 2013 "configure"
> #include "confdefs.h"
> #include <X11/Intrinsic.h>"
>
> I am running OpenLinux 1.3 and have both X Windows (X11R6) and KDE on it.  I
> have
> read the FAQ on GTK and browsed the archived messages for the mailing list
> to no avail.  Being new to Linux, I'm assuming I'm missing a library?
>
> Thank you for any help anyone can offer me.

Don't know the specifics of OpenLinux 1.3, but usually, the X11
binaries and the X11 include files are (aka devel) are packaged
separately.  Even though you are running the X-Window System, that
does not mean you have the X header files (.h files).  Look on your
OpenLinux CD and see what you can find.

Dave