Re: [gtk-list] Re: Any problems with malloc functions?

Owen Taylor wrote:

> Tim Janik <timj@gtk.org> writes:
>
> > On 18 Jan 1999, Owen Taylor wrote:

(stuff deleted)

> > in what way should this be memchunk related (apart from the
> > fact that _init functions should *always* initialize *all* fields
> > correctly)?
>
> OK, I was just trying to figure out how not initializing
> label_wc could affect anything since I new we normally
> use malloc0, and leaped to the conclusion that it was
> because it was because we were using memchunks in
> this case. I guess the problem is somewhere else.

Unfourtunately, I agree the problem is somewhere else. :( I tried the
patch, but it gives the same results as before.  I still haven't gotten
around to firing up the debugger this afternoon.  How do I get gdb to
attach to testgtk so I can set breakpoints?  gdb barfs on the shell
script.  It's strange that testdnd and simple work normally and testgtk
doesn't.

Ken