Re: [gtk-list] Modal FileSelection?

> What have I to do to make my FileSelection widget modal ?
> Or, in general, how do I create modal dialogs? (if this is possible
> obviously...)
  In GTK1.1.x it is implemented directly as a GTK function, under GTK1.0.x
you have to emulate it. Obviously this emulation cannot be used to demodalize
the window (as in GTK1.1.x) but it's probably not needed anyway. The following
declaration is compatible with GTK1.1.x:

#ifndef HAVE_GTK11
#include <assert.h>

void gtk_window_set_modal(GtkWindow *window,gboolean modal)
{
        assert(modal);
        gtk_signal_connect_object(GTK_OBJECT(window),"show",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_grab_add   ),GTK_OBJECT(window));
        gtk_signal_connect_object(GTK_OBJECT(window),"hide",GTK_SIGNAL_FUNC(gtk_grab_remove),GTK_OBJECT(window));
}
#endif

> lpiccio
> lpiccio@lingue.unibo.it