Re: gnome cvs down???

Dave Reed writes:
>There was an e-mail on gnome-list@gnome.org saying they had a disk
>failure.

Update:

The replacement disk was ALSO bad.  It took hours of experimenting to
verify that it really was that disk and not some other problem, but we
now have yet another disk in the machine which is currently (touch wood)
restoring the backup without disk errors so far.

Unfortunately, the current case for that machine will not fit hot spares,
but we're using the latest RAID code now, so future replacements should
be much simpler if needed; basically swap drives and watch the raid code
rebuild in the background after a few minutes of downtime.  Of course,
we hope that we never get a chance to verify that.  :-)

michaelkjohnson

 Linux Application Development       http://www.redhat.com/~johnsonm/lad/