Re: [gtk-list] [IRIX6.5] Gtk 1.1.12 Compilation Weirdness ...

On Wed, 13 Jan 1999 12:01:58 -0500, gtk-list@redhat.com (Maximilien Lincourt) wrote:
>  I'm trying to build the latest gtk+ ( 1.1.12 ) on my O2 running
> Irix 6.5, I now see a weird problem that I never saw before ...
> ( the only other gtk+ I build on Irix6.5 was 1.0.6 )
>
> using native tools ( cc, make, ... )
>

> gtk build OK ( the gtk directory; (cd gtk/; make)  )
>
> The Makefile in the gdk directory seem to have a small problem;
> when launching the make, it build the gdk library sources over and
> over again ...
> CFLAGS=-I/usr/people/maxou/include
> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/people/maxou/lib
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/people/maxou/lib/:DEFAULT
>
> using ./configure --prefix=/usr/people/maxou/ --disable-nls
> (configure run OK )
>
> here is the first line of the gdk make output :
>
> /bin/sh ../libtool  --mode=compile cc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I..
>  -DG_LOG_DOMAIN=\"Gdk\" -I..  -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS  -DUSE_XIM
>  -I/usr/people/maxou/lib/glib/include -I/usr/people/maxou/include
>  libgdk_la_SOURCES =  gdk.c  gdkcc.c  gdkcolor.c gdkcursor.c gdkdnd.c
>  gdkdraw.c  gdkevents.c gdkfont.c  gdkgc.c  gdkglobals.c  gdkim.c
>  gdkimage.c  gdkinput.c  gdkinput.h  gdkinputnone.h  gdkinputcommon.h
>  gdkinputgxi.h  gdkinputxfree.h gdkpixmap.c  gdkproperty.c  gdkrgb.c
>  gdkrectangle.c gdkregion.c gdkselection.c gdkvisual.c gdkwindow.c
>  gdkxid.c  MwmUtil.h gxid_lib.h gxid_proto.h gxid_lib.c
>  -I/usr/people/maxou/include -c gdk.c

This can be a problem with the SGI version of the make program, try to
compile it using GNU make. If that still fails, try to compile it with gcc
2.8.1. I have some information about gcc 2.8.1 on my web page:
http://www-ict.its.tudelft.nl/~erik/gcc/ . There's also a GNU make binary
for IRIX 6.3 available on that page (should work with IRIX 6.5).

Erik

Phone: +31-15-2785859  Fax: +31-15-2781843  Email J.A.K.Mouw@its.tudelft.nl