Re: [gtk-list] Re: Compile problem with GMutex for >= gtk+-1.1.7

jamus jegier wrote:

> Suds wrote:

[snip]
> I'm having a very similar problem using the RPMs for 1.1.12 and compiling
> another program; it seems in line 965 in gdk.h it's declaring something of
> type GMutex.  GMutex is a typedef for _GMutex, but I can't seem to find
> where _GMutex is defined.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas?  I'm running redhat 5.2 on an x86, my compiler is
> gcc version 2.7.2.3, using glibc-2.0.7-29.

Jamus,
_GMutex and GMutex are defined glib.h. In my case, the problem was a
rogue glib.h lying in /usr/local/include directory from a previous
installation. I removed it and everything went on fine. To make sure
that you are picking up the right header files do a 'gcc -H ....' or
set CFLAGS env. variable to -H before you start compiling.

HTH
--
Suds. 			sudhakar@dial.pipex.com