Re: Tooltips color setting

Brian Brunswick <bdb@eidos.co.uk> writes:

> In <URL:news:local.gtk> on Thu 07 Jan, Dave Cole wrote:
> >
> > > # tooltips seem to use a plain DrawWindow??
> > > widget_class "*GtkDrawWindow*" style "tooltip"
> >
> > That one doesn't work here.  I am using gtk+-1.1.12.  Looking at the
> > tooltip source, it uses a plain GtkWindow for displaying the tip.
> >
> > It would be nice if this worked:
> >
> > widget_class "GtkTooltip.GtkWindow" style "tooltip"
> >
> Yup, just noticed that its stopped working here with 1.1.12.
> Hmm... its no longer a draw window or something.
> Anyway, doing something like the following patch is more the kind of thing.

Setting a name is in fact probably the right way to handle it.
As long as GtkTooltips is not a widget,

 widget_class "GtkTooltip.GtkWindow"

is not going to work. I've applied something like your
patch, but with the name "gtk-tooltips" instead of
"tooltips" to avoid namespace pollutions with names
the application might set on its windows.

> This seems like something the styles people would havbe tackled.
> Is there any kind of standard for case, spacing etc for the names used
> by rc files?

As of right now there is no standard, since it has never
come up before. So we are free to use whatever we
like.

> Anyway, where does one send patches like this?

Normally, one uploads them to /pub/incoming/ on gtk.org - the
README file for that directory has instructions - and mails
ftp-admin@gimp.org. Discussion of patches belongs
on gtk-devel-list@redhat.com.

Regards,
                                        Owen