Re: I have translated gtk into portuguese and...

Eduardo Marcel Macan <macan@debian.org> writes:

> 	I downloaded glib gtk and the gimp, and saw those pot files...
> 	They made me itch then I created the br.po files, but don't know
> whom should I send them to. GTK is completed, but the gimp will
> still require some effort (there are lots of mesgs in there).
>
> 	I have translated them into Brazilian portuguese, but the
> Portuguese guys guys out there can adapt it with little effort.

Probably the best thing to do is to upload them to
the pub/incoming/ directory on ftp.gtk.org. There's
a README in that directory that describes the
procedure you should follow.

However, there already are pt.po files distributed
with GTK+... I don't know the degree of divergence
for Portuguese between Portugual and Brazil, but if
separate po files are needed, shouldn't the
Brazilian one be pt_BR.po?

                                        Owen