help with configure

Hi!
Some weeks ago, there was a discussion about the way new widgets should
be written and made available. During that discussion Shawn T. Amundsen
mentioned, that it would be no problem to provide us
non-configure-masters with a sample script.

Well, I have written my own widget, which is far from perfect, but
already found many friends, especially among natural scientists. It has
it's own configure script (building a small library and a testprogram)
which does it's job for a lot of people, but definitly is not completely
correct. (It does not compile shared libraries on some systems which do
have support for that, and the library dependencies displayed by ldd are
not complete, does not depend on gtk+ and glib)

It may be found at
http://www.eudoxos.net/gtk/gtkdatabox
or
http://www.eudoxos.de/gtk/gtkdatabox

Maybe you could have a look at it (only if there is any time left for
such things), and/or place a sample script somewhere, that provides the
following:

a) compilation of a single widget (subdirectory gtk preferred)
b) building a library for it (using libtool)
c) major, minor and micro release numbers
d) compiling a testprogram (subdirectory test preferred)

Thank you very much in advance for your answer,

Greetings,
Roland Bock