Re: [gtk-list] Re: Beginner's GTK+ questions

AFAIK a program may ask the wm to place it's window on a preferred
position and the window manager may opt to allow that or not.

The functions you are looking for might be:
gtk_widget_set_uposition
gtk_window_set_position

(Haven't tried them myself, but I think I remember them from various
answers on this list)

Greetings,
Roland Bock