Widget attribute question

Hey folks,

So after more than 1 year of "planning" I'm finally learning GTK!  So
far so good.

I've been cruising through the tutoral, and see a short section on
setting widget attributes.  But I'm curious about the following:

1.  How can I keep the size of a "button" constant and have the rest of
the window resize / scale?  It often looks a bit silly to have QUIT
buttons that occupy 1/2 the screen.

Thanks all,

DT
--
Technical Director, Virginia Center for Computer Music
Programmer / Analyst, Dean's Office (School of A&S)